Review: The Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel



I am so inspired by The Healthy Life - I honestly can't put this book down! Every single page contains a whirlwind of insightful tips and information on health, diet and food in general. Jam-packed with all that Australia's leading nutritionist Jessica Sepel has discovered on her journey to eating smart and living the best life possible, The Healthy Life is the perfect book for every single person out there interested in living a healthier lifestyle. Whether you are a fitness junkie or someone who loves a Big Mac and fries, this book will show you how to love your body and heal your relationship with food without feeling deprived. The Healthy Life is so good that I often re-read segments, trying to absorb every crumb of resource each chapter has to offer. I have honestly learned so much from reading this book but I am not the only one - with over 100,000 Instagram followers, Jessica is respected and her advice is highly sought after and it isn't hard to see why. 

There is something special about Jessica Sepel. She radiates beauty. The book feels like it was written specially for me which gives me the feeling of knowing her on a personal level. Jess (as I like to refer to her!) is honest about her past struggles with food and the way it affected her physically, mentally and emotionally. Just about everyone will 'comfort eat' when things are tough or when feeling stressed, insecure and will completely relate to these feelings like the guilt that may follow from over eating, or constantly yo-yo dieting. Sepel shows readers how to detect and identify poor eating behaviours, educates the reader about healthy and delicious alternatives and provides solutions to common food, eating and dietary concerns.

The Healthy Life is an approachable fluid read. Every page is beautifully presented with gorgeous illustrations, and the mouth-watering food photography will seriously make you want to lick every page. #notkidding
Although I am not one to cook something time and time again, the JS Health Signature Gluten Free Loaf is so indulgent and good for you that I have made this 5 times already. The whole family looks forward to me making this each week, including my one year old son who nibbles on a slice every day. We also enjoy making smoothies each morning using Jess' simple smoothie guide. Meals are easy to prepare and do not contain a myriad of ingredients which motivates me to pick out a recipe every day or two to try. It feels fantastic feeding the family nutritional and wholesome foods knowing it will nourish their bodies... and being a mother I want my son to appreciate the importance of nutrition from an early age. Food is fuel for the body.

This book has become my nutrition bible - yes, it really is that good - and just writing this review has me wanting to go back and read some more because I want to learn as much as I can to better myself from the inside-out. 


Rating: ★★★★


Paperback RRP $34.99 | ebook RRP $14.99. Published by Pan Macmillan.